First Blog
Hey TV here, welcome to my blog.
Although I am going to use an anonymous name, let me tell you about myself. I am a POC (person of color), a 17-year-old girl who lives in the emerald city, Seattle. In Seattle, we have a lot of stereotypes like we love Subarus, and it rains a lot. Another stereotype is that we are all liberals, which I guess I fall into that stereotype. Yes, to get to the point I am someone who has a lot of liberal beliefs. To be honest, I am not surprised, I do not think a lot of people would be surprised by a "brown" teenager who grew up in Seattle to be a liberal... not a shocker.
Just to solidify my hunch that I am a liberal I took a test (What’s My Political Typology), which at the end of the test it said that I am a Solid Liberal! Meaning that I am the furthest left wing, that you can possibly be. Some things that a Solid Liberal would strongly support are "stricter environmental laws are worth the cost, abortion should be legal, and that the Government should do more to help the needy." Which for me is true, although that is a small selection of thousands of beliefs, personally I believe in those matters.
Before I even knew I was a solid liberal I participated in things that a solid liberal would support. For instance, I have participated in black lives matter marches, anti-Donald Trump rallies, women equality marches, anddddd the list goes on. I believe in things like pro-choice, having restrictions on guns, and combating against police brutality. I could go on about what I believe in, and trust me this blog would probably never end. But in "short" terms, I want the cycle of oppression of POC to dissolve throughout time, I want women to decide what happens to their body, I want the government to care more about the lower-class in this country, I want to protect the kids of this country from death by bullet etc. So just from that "short" list of what I want to change in this country, I have a lot of things in common with other people on the left-hand spectrum.
Even though I may have more in common with people on the left-hand spectrum, not all of us have the same beliefs. For instance, a Solid liberal and a disaffected democrat have some things in common, but not all things. For instance, some Dissafected democrats oppose same-sex marriage (around 26%) While only 2% of solid liberals oppose same-sex marriage.


Since I am on the far left of the spectrum, I, for the most part, share totally different views of someone who is on the far right. Now going back to that test I took, the opposite of the "solid liberal" is my BFF "core conservative." Politically core conservatives and solid liberals have nothing in common. We disagree on things like the approval of President Donald Trump. 93% of core conservatives approve Trump, while 99% of solid liberals disapprove of him. Another thing we strongly disagree on is if abortion is legal or not. Majority fo the core conservatives believe that it is illegal in most cases, while majority solid liberals believe that abortion should be legal.


Recently the midterm elections happened, and although I could not vote, I kept up with the news and knew what I would have voted for. For instance, in Washington, an act 1639 was in question. The act was if there should be stricter gun laws put in place. Now a conservative would vote no on this because most of the time they believe in a smaller government and their right to bear arms for protection purposes. Now a liberal would vote yes on this, although they also believe in protection for the people, they think that there should be certain regulations on guns, and that will be the best protection for the people.
v.s 
Although I am going to use an anonymous name, let me tell you about myself. I am a POC (person of color), a 17-year-old girl who lives in the emerald city, Seattle. In Seattle, we have a lot of stereotypes like we love Subarus, and it rains a lot. Another stereotype is that we are all liberals, which I guess I fall into that stereotype. Yes, to get to the point I am someone who has a lot of liberal beliefs. To be honest, I am not surprised, I do not think a lot of people would be surprised by a "brown" teenager who grew up in Seattle to be a liberal... not a shocker.
Just to solidify my hunch that I am a liberal I took a test (What’s My Political Typology), which at the end of the test it said that I am a Solid Liberal! Meaning that I am the furthest left wing, that you can possibly be. Some things that a Solid Liberal would strongly support are "stricter environmental laws are worth the cost, abortion should be legal, and that the Government should do more to help the needy." Which for me is true, although that is a small selection of thousands of beliefs, personally I believe in those matters.
Before I even knew I was a solid liberal I participated in things that a solid liberal would support. For instance, I have participated in black lives matter marches, anti-Donald Trump rallies, women equality marches, anddddd the list goes on. I believe in things like pro-choice, having restrictions on guns, and combating against police brutality. I could go on about what I believe in, and trust me this blog would probably never end. But in "short" terms, I want the cycle of oppression of POC to dissolve throughout time, I want women to decide what happens to their body, I want the government to care more about the lower-class in this country, I want to protect the kids of this country from death by bullet etc. So just from that "short" list of what I want to change in this country, I have a lot of things in common with other people on the left-hand spectrum.
Even though I may have more in common with people on the left-hand spectrum, not all of us have the same beliefs. For instance, a Solid liberal and a disaffected democrat have some things in common, but not all things. For instance, some Dissafected democrats oppose same-sex marriage (around 26%) While only 2% of solid liberals oppose same-sex marriage.
Since I am on the far left of the spectrum, I, for the most part, share totally different views of someone who is on the far right. Now going back to that test I took, the opposite of the "solid liberal" is my BFF "core conservative." Politically core conservatives and solid liberals have nothing in common. We disagree on things like the approval of President Donald Trump. 93% of core conservatives approve Trump, while 99% of solid liberals disapprove of him. Another thing we strongly disagree on is if abortion is legal or not. Majority fo the core conservatives believe that it is illegal in most cases, while majority solid liberals believe that abortion should be legal.
Recently the midterm elections happened, and although I could not vote, I kept up with the news and knew what I would have voted for. For instance, in Washington, an act 1639 was in question. The act was if there should be stricter gun laws put in place. Now a conservative would vote no on this because most of the time they believe in a smaller government and their right to bear arms for protection purposes. Now a liberal would vote yes on this, although they also believe in protection for the people, they think that there should be certain regulations on guns, and that will be the best protection for the people.
This blog changed my life!!!!!11!! good job, tv. You could talk more about what influenced you to become a solid liberal (what was your political socialization like, how you grew up, family influence, etc.)
ReplyDelete